2006-06-04

The Best Sushi in SoCal

I have a new favorite Sushi place in SoCal. Ok, I've only been to two Sushi places in SoCal, and the other one was great, too, but that's beside the point.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=pm9cr255twv2&style=o&lvl=2&scene=2179181

Sushi Wasabi
20651 Lake Forest Dr
Lake Forest, CA 92630-7745
(949) 454-0888

When I walked in, one person greeted me, and the entire stopped what they were doing and greeted me. I jumped a little.

The Miso had this amazing aroma and the soup had such rich flavor, I wanted to swim in it. The Sushi was fantastic. The flavors, textures, and presentation were amazing. I ate way too much, but it was worth it.

The service was great - prompt and friendly. I was reading my book (Island of the Sequined Love Nun, by Christopher Moore). The server stopped by to ask about it and to talk about books. She asked about the DaVinci Code.

When I left, the entire staff shouted a farewell.

The food, the people, and the atmosphere were all great. At about 1.2 miles from my hotel, I'll be walking there next trip.

No comments: