2020-06-03

Ep 100 — Strokeaversary 3


Today is both episode 100 and my 3rd Strokeaversary.

Each year, I look forward to this day as one to respect. Survivor reactions to the anniversary of a stroke are as varied as survivors themselves. Some see it as a party; others as a day of dread. Both reactions and all those in between are valid. I lean toward the party angle myself.

It’s not so much the anniversary of the day I suffered a stroke. Instead, it’s the day I survived a stroke. So pass the cake, please!

In reality, I don’t so much end up with a party, though. It usually turns out to be a day of quiet reflection. This year I’ll be tired from work so I may celebrate with a nap. Or a quiet, socially distanced walk around the neighborhood.

Regardless, today is a good day. Just as all those after stroke have the potential to be.

So listen to this week’s episode. I talk about things like mortality, seasons in life, why sleep in the hospital sucks, the amazing staff I had the joy of working with, and the awesome Cathy Lee.

Hack of the Week

I use the handle of my cane to press elevator buttons. Sometime I use the cane to open and close doors, too. It’s one easy way to reduce my chances of picking up a virus in the outside world. Plus, it means I don’t have to put my cane down to call an elevator.

Where do we go from here?


Here is the latest episode of The Strokecast

No comments: