2006-10-04

Making a Phone Call in a Foreign Langauge is "suspiscious"

Sadly, these stories are fairly common any more.

Man questioned and misses flight for speaking Tamil

By BRAD WONG
P-I REPORTER

A 32-year-old man speaking Tamil and some English about a sporting rivalry was questioned at Sea-Tac Airport and missed his flight Saturday because at least one person thought he was suspicious.
...
Parker said the man was cooperative and boarded a later flight to Texas. He told officials that he would not speak in a foreign language on his cell phone at an airport in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed for us (as in US)..I think I will only speak in foreign languages on the phone in public places...I will even do a Larry David stare while talking about the weather.....I will make up words just to keep people on their toes!