2007-01-01

4,768 Pages

I got a lot of books for Christmas. Anyone who knows me could probably guess that books dominated my Christmas list, so I'm quite pleased. I have 4,768 more pages to read this year.

It's a rather eclectic list, but with a decidedly geeky streak running through it.

Ray Bradbury -- Fahrenheit 451
Ray Bradbury -- Something Wicked this Way Comes
Ray Bradbury -- Dandelion Wine
Sarah Vowell -- Take the Cannoli
Neal Stephenson -- Quicksilver
Neal Stephenson -- The Confusion
Steven Levy -- The Perfect Thing
Melvin Bragg -- The Adventure of English
Max Barry -- Company
Steve Wozniak -- iWoz
Donald Trump & Robert Kiyosaki -- Why We Want you to be Rich
Haruki Murakami -- Blind Willow, Sleeping Willow
Chris Anderson -- The Long Tail

Combine that with the Meatloaf CD, Devo DVD, and portable Sudoku, and I've got a busy couple of months ahead of me.

I get to dive into these 4,768 pages just as soon as I finish reading about libraries. And, no, libraries aren't boring.

1 comment:

Brian Kunath said...

Wow, quite a list. Healthy mix of sci-fi and tech innovation, with Haruki Marukami thrown in there!

The only one on your list I've read is The Long Tail. Interesting, optimistic theory, though you certainly get the point after 100 pages.

I didn't get books for Christmas, but I did get a stockingfull of Barnes and Noble gift cards. I'm plowing through the Lord of the Rings, so I'll be getting ROTK next, right after a brief diversion with an author I never thought I'd read: Crichton (Timeline)