2009-04-17

Life in the Garden Part 14: Brackets

I've been hanging my window boxes on the railing on my deck. I'd like to hang more of them, but two things are stopping me. First, I'm not sure it's the best place for them. If I hang them instead of putting them on the floor, they get a little more sun, but they also take more of a beating in the wind.
2009-04-04 Transplanting Things (10)

The more important reason, though, is I've run out of brackets.

It's harder to find them than I thought. Most of the brackets I've seen are designed for a wooden deck rail that's several inches wide, and not for the narrow metal railings I have.

So I'm looking for more of these:

2009-04-10 Planter Bracket


Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Mr. New Dilemma said...

I don't know about the brackets, but it looks like you have an awesome view!

LDK in STL said...

My suggestion is to go back to 1979. Those look like the brackets my parents used to use on the railing of our front porch.

Daisy said...

You sure do have a beautiful view!

Lola said...

I would look for them online. I'd bet you'd be able to find them online. Or you might try a really good nursery.

Garyrenick@comcast.net said...

Take one of the brackets to a metal or machine shop and have them make you some from the original bracket

Cromely said...

@Mr New Dilema: I'm looking forward to spending time out there this summer.

@LDK in STL: Time Travel! That's what I should do. I need to go back to 1979 and swipe the brackets from your porch. Any messages you want me to deliver?

@Daisy: Thanks. And it's lizard free.

@Lola: I google for them from time to time, but it seems to be both too specific and and too general for me to wade through a lot of the results.

@Garyrenick@comcast.net: That's a good idea. It may be the simplest solution.