2009-03-04

Life in the Garden Part 11: Seedling Growth

Last week I posted some shots of my seedlings just barely popping through.

Over the next 7 days, they started to explode.


In this tray, I have Thai Basil, Genovese Basil, and Coriander. The Coriander is on the far right. It got off to a slow start but suddenly burst into the lead this week.

I may have to move it into bigger pots faster than I expected.

The other batch is also doing well, but they are coming in a little more slowly.


This one is filled with Thyme, Rosemary, and Chives. The Chives are coming in fastest, which is to be expected. Chives are pretty easy.

I've tried in the past with Rosemary, but I've never successfully grown it from seed. I have two thriving Rosemary bushes in my apartment, but those came from smaller bushes I got at the nursery.

Thyme is the one my GF asks for most often. I still have the crop from a couple years ago growing in my window which has been great, but it's time to expand that crop.

Next batch to start: Sage, Mint, Oregano, Lavender, Strawberries, Tomatoes and Pole Beans.

3 comments:

Auntie E said...

Love cooking with herbs. I havent started my seeds yet. great for you getting a head start.

Anonymous said...

way cool. I love cooking with fresh herbs, but my Very brown thumb does not permit me to grow them :(

storybeader said...

it's so nice to see little plants sprouting.