2009-01-05

Do they know what "subscribe" means?

Seriously? Do the iTunes developers not understand the meaning of "subscribe?" It's not that hard.

When I subscribe to a podcast, here's a tip -- download every new episode. Even if I haven't listened in a few weeks. Download. I subscribed to it. That means I want it to just show up without me doing anything. Why do I have to re-enable the download every couple weeks just because Apple thinks I don't want it any more?

You know what, Apple? I do know what I want. You don't know me better than I do. When I no longer want to get a podcast, I will cancel the podcast MYSELF. I don't need you to do it for me.

Okay, I'll cut you a little slack. You can show me that message ONCE per podcast. Then you should let me disable it FOREVER.

Yes, I know I haven't listed to "Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me!" in a few weeks. I'll get around to it. Quit nagging me.

I get enough second guessing in the rest of the world. I don't need iTunes questioning my judgment, too.

And I especially don't need iTunes questioning my judgment every other week.

So, quit it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I love Apple as far as hardware goes. iTunes, however, is just horrible. My wife has a beautiful iPod Touch, but I've refrained from getting one because I'd rather not deal with iTunes and I'm too lazy to find an alternative (I'm sure one exists).

Stacy Uncorked said...

What part of 'Subscribe' do they not understand? They think they need a 'Are you sure?' followed by a 'Are you really, really sure?' sometimes even followed by a...oh, never mind, you get my point! ;) OK, fine, show the message ONCE, but have the option to check that little box 'don't show this message ever again'...

I totally agree! Great post! ;)

Unknown said...

HA! That happens to me all the time - I totally agree with you! You know, magazine publishers never come to my house to see if I'm reading their magazines and offer to stop sending it if the last few issues are still in the "reading material" basket in the bathroom! Great post! Stumbled it.