2008-01-27

The Eskimo takes a holiday

When I reached Gate E11 at the Dallas airport today, I smiled. Waiting outside the window, ready to whisk me off to Seattle was the Alaska Airlines Starliner.

The Starliner is a 737-800 (tail number N569AS) that Alaska painted with one of their vintage liveries. I first wrote about it early last year, and today, I got to fly on it.

The inside isn't too much different from any other 737-800 in Alaska's fleet, but does have a history of the airline and some pictures on the overhead bins in coach.

I always enjoy flying the planes with special paint jobs, even though I know it's the same as any other plane. It's still very cool to pick our a particular aircraft and say I've flown on it before.

If you want to see some great pictures of the Starliner, you can find then here on Airliners.net.

Or you can look at the lousy photo's I took earlier today.

2008-01-27 Starliner in DFW

2008-01-27 Starliner in DFW (1)

2008-01-27 Starliner in DFW (2)

Regardless of who takes the pictures, it's a beautiful bird.

No comments: