2008-01-20

War on Paper 01: Fujitsu Scan Snap S510

My mother gave this scanner for Christmas. Due to my travel I haven't had a chance to set it up until tonight.

I will do a more detailed review in a few weeks, once I get to know it better, but my early opinion is that it is awesome.

It took about 45 minutes to install the software that it comes with, but it makes up for that with how fast it chews through scans. This is by far the fastest and most flexible document scanner I have used. It's much faster than my most recent stalwart, an HP Officejet 7130xi. And the Fujitsu doesn't jam like the HP does.

There are some quirks about the software I have to understand betters, but it does scan directly to the industry standard PDF format, minimizing the chances I'll scan my documents to a format that's unreadable 5 years down the road.

I expect this small scanner to be a valuable ally in my ongoing war against, paper. Thanks, Mom.

No comments: