2008-02-17

When the dreams get weird

I had one of those odd dreams last night.

I was back at a small run down amusement park / zoo that I hadn't been to in years. It was on the side of a hill with plenty of trees providing shade. It was still in passable condition, but not quite the condition I remember from my youth. The seals were still in their smallish pool, but seemed happy. The garage was still closed up and there were people wandering around doing what people do at such places.

Even the house on the property where those people were killed was just like I remember it...

Except none of that ever happened.

There's nothing trippier than remembering something in a dream that never actually happened. So apparently it's not enough for my brain to throw in random scenes while I'm asleep. Now it has to go and make up fake memories and entire back stories for those random scenes.

I should probably watch less Criminal Minds and CSI before bedtime.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beats getting chased by dinosaurs! Yep, that's what I used to dream about!

AVCr8teur said...

I was going to say don't watch any scary shows before going to sleep. My nightmares usually center around be late for something.

Mo and The Purries said...

Ha - yep, CSI before bedtime will get you every time!
If you start saying "looks like a through and through" while putting on sunglasses, you might start to worry...

Unknown said...

I have dreams like that too! They are pretty weird - I try not to explain those ones to people. :)

The other night I had a really weird dream that my partner was prince William and we couldn't...be intimate because reporters kept barging into our room. That was pretty freaky all the same. I don't even want to know what that one meant...

Anonymous said...

It's so true! I have the weirdest dreams all the time (seriously, I could write a book) but I think they're even stranger if I watch Law & Order or Criminal Minds before I go to bed.