2006-10-31

St. Louis 01: Fame -- I Wanna Live Forever

Like the other great determiner of American culture, St. Louis has a Hollywood style walk of fame focusing on local celebrities who have a national impact.

Of course, the St. Louis Walk of Fame isn't actually in St. Louis. It's in a suburb called University City. Which is different from Universal City outside Hollywood.

But here you can walk on such luminaries as:

Robert Guillaume:

Robert Guillaume star


Bob Costas:

Bob Costas star


Phyllis Diller:

Phyllis Diller


Nelly:

Nelly star


And Irma Rombauer:

Irma Rombauer star


What? You don't know who Irma is? Why she's:


Irma Rombauer text


I know what your thinking. "Wow, Cromely, that's really cool. I wish I could be part of the walk of fame, but, sadly, I wan't born in St. Louis. Or Universal City. I guess I'm out of luck."

Not true. You could be like this guy:


Harold Ramis star

How did he get in?

Harold Ramis text


So there is hope for you, too.

From the website:

Nominees for the St. Louis Walk of Fame must fulfill two main criteria:

1) They must have been born in St. Louis or spent their formative or creative years here.

2) Their accomplishments must have had a national impact on our cultural heritage.


And, in case you were wondering:


The selection committee is 51% female and 49% male; it is 71% white, 27% African-American, and 2% Asian-American.


For more shots of the walk of fame, visit my Flickr Site.

No comments: