2007-02-20

Cord Management Made Easy -- And a Bit Dorky

I have piles of wires and cables in my luggage an notebook bag. I've been relying on twist ties to manage them when packed, and to corral them in use. It's a cheap, if temporary solution. I've been looking for a better one.

At the October 2006 Digital Life Trade Show in NYC, I found the Cordgo. The Cordgo is a round, plastic cord winding solution that works with any thin cord. You open it up, put the center of the cord in the slot inside the Cordgo, and then you can wind it up to get the excess cabling out of the way. At the show, I picked up 5 for $20.

The Cordgo label is just a sticker applied to the plastic. When I peeled off the label (because that's the kind of thing I do). I saw the original logo -- Cordpod.

Hmm. I wonder who objected to the name?


cordgo

Cordpod (Original Cordgo name



They get easier to use with time. The more you wind and unwind your cables, the easier it becomes. I guess some excess material wears away or something.

I use 3 of them on a regular basis. One is for my small headphones; one is for the AUX cord for my Bose headphones; and one if for my cell phone charger.

My only problem is that my Sony headphones are designed oddly. The Right headphone is attached to the Left head phone, rather than having the cord split at a Y. This limits how much I can wind them up. Still, the Cordgo helps a lot.

It's not a perfect solution, but it does make my life .0058% easier. I'll take what I can get.

No comments: