I've been in Vegas on business since Monday. Here I am, sitting in my hotel room, watching reruns of the David Letterman show, and thinking, "You, know -- what happens in Vegas really doesn't need to stay there."
Apparently, I'm doing it wrong.
Here are some random thoughts on the trip while I wait to fall asleep before getting up at 5:30 to catch my flight home.
- Getting up at 7:30 AM in Vegas is just wrong.
- Catching a cold before going on a business trip is never fun.
- When that cold confines you to your hotel room when you are not in meetings, its less fun.
- It's important to distinguish the complimentary water bottles in the hotel room from the mini-bar water bottles (which (with service charge and restocking fee) cost as much per gallon as printer ink.
- The Burger Bar in Mandalay Place does make a mighty tasty burger.
- You don't look cool walking to the Burger Bar with wearing a back pack.
- You don't look cool walking to the Nine Fine Irishmen wearing a back pack.
- In general, back pack are not so cool looking in Vegas.
- Reading the Watchmen graphic novel means any pretense of cool goes out the window.
- There was never actually any pretense.
- The Bread Pudding at Nine Fine Irishmen still rocks.
- Seriously? The Nine Fine Irishmen ran out of Irish Soda Bread?
- Video Poker gives you the illusion of having a chance to win.
- A dull business trip to Vegas still beats a trip to most nameless, indistinguishable cities in the country. And the flight is shorter.