2011-01-30

Large Soda

On Friday, the GF and I went to the KFC / Taco Bell drive-thru.  I placed our order and asked for a large Diet Pepsi.  The guy on the other end asked if we wanted to upgrade that to their new "jug" size which is a half gallon.  I said yes without actually allocating the brain cycles to realize what I had just bought.  I occured to me as I pulled up to the window that that's the size of milk container, not a tasty snack to go with Tacos.

It didn't quite register until he handed me this, and I took it with two hands.

2011-01-30 Taco Bell Cup (2)

This soda container is so obnoxiously big, they built a handle into the rim.  It has a spout on it that is probably intended for pouring because it's hard to come by straws big enough.  I don't think it's meant for in-vehicle consumption, because it's not like it will fit in the cupholder.  It might be entertaining to watch a driver try to drink out of the this spout -- especially if there are speed bumps around.  And as long as I am far away or ensconced behind a protective barrier.

2011-01-30 Taco Bell Cup (1)

64 fluid ounces is a lot of beverage. If you have trouble wrapping your head around that, this may help you grasp the size. 

Here it is next to some sauce packets and a Caramel Apple Empanada:

2011-01-30 Taco Bell Cup (3)

Here it is next to a non-empanada-ed apple:

2011-01-30 Taco Bell Cup (5)

And here it is next to an Apple iPod:

2011-01-30 Taco Bell Cup (6)

Knowing that this monstrosity exists kind of apalls me, but at they same time, it just makes me so happy with its sheer absurdity.

2 comments:

Vera said...

Apalls and absurdity - two words that I don't use everyday, but i'd have to say appropriate for this situation! That is too much soda for one person!

Cromely said...

@Vera: It's like if Costco has a drive thru.