2008-06-30

Arte y Pico Award

Cromely's World won an award last week. Thanks, Roller Katy -- it looks great.




Oh, and congratulations on your new logo. Lookin' pretty sharp with that Bug and Gremlin. These days, when people are talking about those they are usually referring to programming hassles and not classic autos.





The Arte y Pico Award is intended to recognize blogs that inspire others. The creators suggest that winners deserve it based on creativity, design, interesting content, and contributions to the larger blogging community. You can read more about the award here. Most of the site is in Spanish, but the rules are also there in English.

Here are 5 other blogs that I believe deserve the recognition.

Not In My Book

Jon's blog is where I made the transition from forums to blogging. I've know Jon for 20+ years. After commenting extensively on his blog, I decided it was silly that I didn't have my own.





The Thin Red Line

Alan reviews a mind boggling assortment of books, displaying both librarian insight and an impressive brevity. Alan was one of the first bloggers I met in the blog community, that i did not also know in real life.




Art Constellation

Jenny's blog is an intensely personal one exploring her life and art. She discusses her journey towards recovery from 17 years of abuse and incest. It's well written and despite the difficulties faced, it never comes across as a "woe is me" type of thing. That's especially impressive with everything Jenny's been through and continues to struggle with. Because of the subject matter it's not always easy to read, but it's wroth it.



The Beacon

Haley Hughes is a writer in Chicago. Her blog is a nice varied collection of things that strike her as interesting, various goings on in the Windy City, and writing itself. The posts are well written and do a great job of putting the content front and center, rather than the writer.



Mom's Musings

The only non-Entrecard blog on this features the writings of an expatriate New Yorker making her way in the foreign land that is New Jersey. It's my mother's blog. She's been blogging now for a year and half, and is always worth reading.

Be sure to visit all these winners, if you don't already read them. They all have something to say.

4 comments:

Moms Musings said...

Thanks for including me in such interesting company.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on receiving this award!

And what an awesome array you've chosen to pass it along to! All are ones on my list as well.

ê¿ê

Haley H said...

Thanks so much for including me, especially among these sites that I know and enjoy. Those I didn't already know, I've been having fun exploring.

I always enjoy you blog and make it a must-stop destination.

:)

~Haley

Anonymous said...

Congrats Cromely !

I'm glad you like my new logo. I'm still getting used to it myself :)

RollerKaty