2009-03-21

A classic

Hmm. I guess typing has made me hungry this week.

Generally, the best food in the city isn't in the high tourist areas, but Roxy's Deli in Times Square does make a heck of a sandwich.

This the dinner you get for just about $20.

2009-03-17 Roxy's Diner Pastrami Sandwich (2)


Tbat's a pound of pastrami on on the bread, a bowl of cole slaw, two pickles and coffee. Yes, I'm sure I could have gotten dinner cheaper elsewhere, but it was convenient and awesome.

It takes practice to eat a sandwich like that. I di have to resort to the fork at some points, though.

7 comments:

MamaFlo said...

What a sandwich!! I love pastrami but can't find it here like they have in New York.

Perky said...

Now that is some monster sandwich!

Anonymous said...

That does seem expensive but if you only ate half of it and the other half for lunch the next day, you have a bargain. It looks delicious.

Insanely Chay is.... said...

Wow that looks delicious but I think you would need Jaw's mouth to fit that in.

Anonymous said...

Surely Katz's is cheaper and just as good...

Anonymous said...

Granted I have a big mouth, but no way would I even attempt that, but if anyone goes away hungry at that place then there's something wrong.

Audrey said...

That is an amazing sandwich! My youngest son would love it.