2009-12-28

A Penguin Puzzle

The GF and I decided to work on a puzzle last year.  Somehow or other I ended up taking over the project.  I'm not sure whose idea that was.  Regardless, by the time it was finished, we had nowhere to hang it and it was taking up space on the table.  Sadly, it was time to disassemble it, which is something I don't think I've ever done with a puzzle that had more than 25 pieces.

It was a painful prospect.

But as with with any project, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.  Or in this case, if it's worth undoing, it's worth over-undoing.  Or is that under-undoing?

So all those hours assembling the 1000 piece puzzle, meant one thing to keep it all worthwhile -- hours spent applying a technological experience to the dis-assembly.  Which is how the self-assembling puzzle came about.




Now maybe I'll make it take itself apart again.

2 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Wow- Did you take a picture for every piece? Was that a 1000 piece puzzle? Great job!

Cromely said...

@Sharkbytes: Thanks. It was 1,000 pieces. As I disassembled it I took another picture each time I took piece out. Then I dropped each of those pictures into Windows Movie Maker.

Taking the pictures took probably 4 hours or so while I watched TV.