2009-12-11

Victoria Part 07: Butchart Gardens

It's under 30 F outside now.  There is talk of snow.  What better time to look at pictures from the summer?

One of the main reason The GF and I went to Victoria was to visit the Butchart Gardens and take a lot of pictures. And that's exactly what we did.  I nearly filled my 8GB memory card. 

Butchart Gardens is an amazing place that started as someone's private estate.  Gradually, they grew they gardens to the magical place they are today.

When we were there in late August, it was hot and brilliantly sunny. It was exactly what you might expect from a wonderful summer day.

Here are just a few of the pictures I took.  Enjoy and think warm thoughts.












You can see more of my pictures here.

You can read more about my Victoria trip here.

4 comments:

WillOaks Studio said...

Oh thanks so much for posting these! Buchard was my favorite destination whenever visitors came to my place in Poulbo for a few days. Unfortunately, the photos I did were pre-digital. That garden is just the very best!!!!

Joanne Olivieri said...

How beautiful, I have never been there but seen so many gorgeous photos of that spot and yours are right at the top. I definitely have to see these gardens in person one of these days. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Unknown said...

That's a gorgeous lavender rose. Lovely photos and just what I needed to think about warmer days!

Sharkbytes said...

I really like the one with the two blossoms hanging down. Fuchsia?