But then the reviews came in. And it wasn't just random reviews, they came from people's whose opinions I respect. So I decided to give it a shot.
Jon was the one who let me know I could watch episode 1 (and ONLY episode 1) for free online. You can watch it right here:
I hooked up my laptop to my 46" LCD through the HDMI port. It looked fantastic in HD on the big screen (makes me rethink cable a little).
You can find more in-depth reviews elsewhere, so I'll just leave a few thoughts here.
- It's a well executed horror show.
- The tension and scary moments come not from things jumping out at character all the time, but that they usually don't. Yet they do often enough so you can never tell if you're just being teased. They keep a high-level of tension throughout the show and really pay it off at the end.
- It is a bit gory. Not excessively so, but it is a zombie show. They dead are walking about and getting shot in the head. That's naturally going to be somewhat gross.
- Half a body crawling around? That intense.
- Geez, dude. Find some damn shoes.
I'm pretty excited to see where it goes.