2008-10-21

Ready for summer

A couple weeks back, I finally got access to my deck. The first thing I did, of course, was get some plants.

Then I began looking for deck furniture. Unfortunately, that was more challenging. I was about a week or two late for most of the clearance sales. And I didn't think a snow blower would be an appropriate choice.

Then I got lucky. I checked on a store off Fairview in Seattle that was a bit out of the way. The only way I knew about it was that they had a giant chair on top of a nearby coffee shop.

I stumbled into David Smith & Company at just the right time. They were wrapping up their teak end of season sale and I picked up a table and four chairs at 50% off.

The next day and the rain and cold weather started.

Now I'm all set for summer. In 2009.

6 comments:

Daisy said...

We have teak patio furniture too. It holds up really well. Supposedly, it will last 100+ years. At least, that's what the salesman said....

Anonymous said...

Fabulous deck and view!

Gypsy at Heart said...

It looks wonderful. I wish I could sit there. And how great the you got such a deep discount.

Anonymous said...

Good deal.

I need new patio furniture, but it will probably be a few years.

Anonymous said...

Our furniture isn't teak, it's metal and glass, and most of the time it is great. I worry about the umbrella tipping the table over though, like with the winds we had here in Port Orchard a couple weeks ago. Almost time to get out the covers and batten down the hatches for winter now though. Congrats on the discount, and your deck has a totally amazing view. :)

Brian Kunath said...

Very nice setup you have there. Looks like many of the rooftop patios I've seen in Brooklyn. Only cleaner.