2007-05-31

The Next Big Thing -- a reality TV Program

Tonight, I could the tail end of a new reality show called "The Next Big Thing." It's basically an American Idol for impressionists. And it's on network TV.

Yes, it is as bad as it sounds. American Idol is a better show. So You Think You Can Dance is a better show.

The highlight of the show was the David Letterman impressionist. He wasn't very good. He basically had the laugh down, but that's about it.

But the same guy appeared at a corporate event I attended. He told some of the same jokes. At the corporate event, though, he seemed even more awkward. Like he was having one of those "What am I doing with my life?" moments.

I'm sure he thought looking like Dave was cool for a while. And maybe a good way to meet girls. But while he sat through an awkward top 10 list, after doing a monologue to a rather quiet audience, you could almost hear his brain going, "This is my career?! Really?! I'm going to kill the guidance counselor."

Anyway, good luck, Fake Dave. I hope things work out.

No comments: