2007-05-21

Western Washington Rainbows

And I don't mean the political kind.

I never believed real rainbows existed when I was growing up in New York. I though they were nothing but hyperbole, sort of like those "Purple Mountains." Sure, I'd seen them in the random oil spill in the street, but I never saw those long arcs of color until I moved to Helena, MT.

We don't usually get the kind of rain that causes rainbows in western Washington, but we did this weekend.

In the industrial/commercial district of Renton and Tukwilla, the rain came down on Saturday. I looked out the window of Baja Fresh (over a mighty tasty burrito I might add) to see this:



Rainbow over Renton

Rainbow over Renton

Rainbow over Renton

Rainbow over Renton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This comment is for Jon, who notes that I must make a comment everytime NY is mentioned in Cromely's blog. I, in fact, saw and photographed a rainbow the last time I was in NY. Ha! So there!