2007-05-11

A Painfully Tasty Lunch

We don't have Bennigan's in many of the cities I travel to. So when I'm on the road and have a chance to eat, I jump at the chance.

I almost always get the same thing -- a Guinness and Monte Cristo or Coffee and Monte Criston.
So I was thrilled when I saw the Bennigan's on RTE 22 this morning. I knew where to go for lunch.

The Monte Cristo has Turkey, Cheese, and Ham (I think). It is deep fried and then sprinkled with sugar. I think it's illegal in Chicago. Here is today's. For some reason, I haven't been able to finish one yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powdered sugar???

This is the sandwich my childhood best friend would always get when we went to Bennigans on special events...it the place we would go after school dances and to get a beer as soon as we were old enough!

I never had a Monte Cristo, but now that I can't have one, I want one....where is the closest Bennigans to NYC??!!??

Kathy said...

I have to say that the Monte Cristo (should be called Monte Crisco) was the reason my husband and I would eat at Bennigans. It should be illegal. God, I'll miss its heart attack-inducing loveliness. RIP.