2007-05-25

Not a bad evening

I beat Paper Mario for the Wii tonight. It's the firs video game I've played to completion that I remember. I usually get stuck and then distracted with my various games, so this was definitely an accomplishment. It only too 40 hour and 12 minutes of game play to get there, too.

And then I got home and found a new episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip sitting on my Tivo. I imagine NBC is running out the remaining episodes they have because I'm pretty sure the series is still cancelled for next season.

It was an odd episode. They featured Allison Janney as a guest star and host of the fictional sketch show. I thought it was pretty off for Janney to play herself, since she previously had a recurring role on the show as a reporter doing a story on the cast.

But as it turns out, she has never been on this show before. The recurring role was played by Christine Lahti, former star of Chicago Hope. Apparently a lot of people make that same mistake because they even referenced it in this episode.

Actually, I'm still convinced Lahti and Janney are the same person.

The other thing that made it odd is that Matthew Perry, Bradley Whitford, and Amanda Peet, the three stars of the show were conspicuously absent.

I don't know if they had a break negotiated in there contract, or if NBC threw this episode together on short notice and couldn't get them back. Or maybe there is lingering tension between Janney and Whitford from their West Wing days. Regardless, it was bizarre to not have them on the show.

But they are supposed to be back in next week's show. And that's the really good news. Studio 60 is back. At least for one more week.

No comments: