2008-03-20

A clean apartment



Housekeeping has never been my strongest skill. But when I set my mind to it, I can do a pretty good job. I am out of my old apartment now and living in my new one, surrounded by boxes.

My old apartment looks pretty good, despite the 6+ years of normal wear and tear. It is mildly frustrating, though, knowing that it is the cleanest it's been in years, I did that cleaning, and I don't get to enjoy it at all.

I think the reason I can clean well when moving out of a place is that it is a one time project. When I'm done, I'm done. It's finished. Mission accomplished. I can win.

Day to day cleaning is different, though. As soon as normal housework is done, it's time to start all over again. And I hate that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That actually looks like a pretty neat apartment. Wish we had some like that down here but we don't. And I hear ya about cleaning but then not enjoying it lol

Laura Brown said...

It's true that what is traditionally women's work is never done. There is always more laundry, dishes to wash, food to cook, etc. But home repairs, painting and such are done and stay done for a long time.

Anonymous said...

I want your old apartment! Actually, after seeing pictures of the new one, I think I'd prefer that one instead.

Haley H said...

I've found it's much easier to clean when the place is empty. :)

The few times I've moved, I found myself in a similar mindset about getting the place clean. I called it "trying to remove all DNA evidence".

Both of your apartments look amazing. Good luck getting settled. I hope it happens quickly.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your move! Don't let word get out that you are a good housekeeper. Someone might take you up on that.

Cromely said...

Thanks for all your good wishes.