2009-07-01

Leonard Nimoy's shame

Shatner isn't the only Star Trek actor to have some embarrassing musical moment.

I first heard this song on Dr. Demento sometime in the 80s, but I had no idea there was a video. It is awesome -- especially the last 35 seconds. It aired before VCRs were available, so someone recorded this by pointing a camera at a TV screen. You may need to crank up the volume on your machine, but it is so worth it.

I (or at least the YouTube poster) give you Leonard Nimoy and "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins."

3 comments:

Carol said...

What a crack up! I was waiting for them to all launch into the pony or the swim too. Tolkien must have rolled in his grave.

Laura said...

Ahhh... but you haven't lived until you've heard Nimoy's "Desiderata". This LP came out when I was a kid and I only wish it had been mine and not my selfish cousin Joan's. (that be-yotch).

Thanks for the memories

Laura

Tina Kubala said...

The song may be horrible, but a least Nimoy has one important thing over Shatner. Nimoy can act.