2009-07-15

MSFT laptop hunter ads annoy Apple

Apparently, Apple is not happy with the current Microsoft ad campaign.

From the Seattle Times:

Microsoft said it received a call from Apple saying Microsoft needs to stop running the laptop-hunter TV ads that harp on Apple for expensive computers. Why? Because Apple has lowered is prices.

That's according to Microsoft Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner, who said he took a call from an Apple attorney. two weeks ago. He initially thought it was a practical joke, then said he found out Apple had cut prices on its computers.

...More


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get what you pay for...I have both a pc and a mac. I rarely turn on the pc, mostly I use it for storage. You want my MAC, you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands! Pfft to microsoft.

MamaFlo said...

Doesn't bother me on little bit, we are an apple family with desktops, laptops, iphones, ipods, blah-blah-blah. Yes they are more expensive and oh so worth it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cheapest Mac I could find was $999, and that's with a student discount. Add 13% sales tax onto that. You're not going to be able to buy a mac on a thousand bucks so the challenge is still valid.

Lessie. I've got Windows XP and Windows 7 machines, OS X 10.5.7 hackintosh, and two Linux machines. They've all got their place.

Dwacon said...

Quality will rise...

Cromely said...

@Grace: Maybe, but my Windows boxes work for me. And for a third the price.

@Mama Flo: Maybe, but I get a kick about how Apple is now accusing MSFT of false advertising after some of the lies they've told in their Mac/PC ads.

@Lance: That sounds about right.

@Dwacon: I'm not so sure about that. As we've learned with airlines, price matters more.