2009-07-20

Nissan Pathfinder thoughts

Last week when I landed at the Greenville, SC airport (GSP) Hertz didn't have any cards available with NeverLost (GPS navigation) so they upgraded me to an SUV. I drove out of the airport in Nissan Pathfinder, a mid-size SUV.

It's way more vehicle than I would typically need, but I like it.

The version I had featured a comfortable seat, well placed cupholders, and effective airconditioning. For a large vehicle, it handles surprisingly well. I had no trouble zipping in and out of parking spots. The blind spots weren't nearly as bad as you usually get with an SUV.

Since I had to drive from Clemon, SC, to Christiansburg, VA, I got to put it through its paces on the highway while I listened to the RadioLab on my MP3 player. It's a tall vehicle but I never felt like it would tip over. The stability was impressive.

The weird thing was that sometimes I would get in and discover that both the driver's and passenger's windows were rolled down. I'm not sure how it happened because I don't think I triggered it. It appeared to happen when I had been putting luggage in the back. I guess it's possible that if it's a certain temperature out and you open the tail gate for a certain amount of time, it lowers the wondows to cool things off. But it's kind of a weird feature. Or a bug.

So if you are looking for an SUV, the Pathfinder is worth some investigating.

2 comments:

brokenteepee said...

This is way off your post topic but the male person and the publicist would like to thank you for introducing them to the Pandora radio.

Cromely said...

@Pricilla: They're welcome. Always happy to share neat finds.