2006-05-14

ADA For Birds


I saw this little fellow at Seaworld in San Diego, CA a few weeks ago. He has only one wing.

I didn't see him try swimming, but he waddled all over the Penguin habitat minding his own business. He didn't seem to have much trouble, so I suppose that's inspiring.

But seeing him for the first time does elicit a series of "Awwwwwwwww"s.

I didn't get the chance to ask the keeper what this Penguin's story was, but I did ask the cashier in the gift shop. She just seemed annoyed. Apparently everyone asks her that , but she has no idea. And apparently hasn't asked the marine biologists, either.

The Penguin encounter is oddly fascinating. I sat there looking at more than 100 penguins of various species and sizes for a half hour. And I didn't have to fast forward through commercials, either.

By they way, if you are so inclined, you can arrange a sleepover at Seaworld.

No comments: